28 May 2018
1st Altona Scout Hall had its beginning in 1927 with formal registration of a Scout Troop in 1928. The Cub Pack followed in 1930 and began meeting in private homes. Unfortunately, the Group closed its doors in the mid-1930’s during the Great Depression.
The revival of 1st Altona Scout Hall commenced in 1948 under the guidance of Wally Carruthers who transferred from 2nd Newport in 1949 and scout meetings were held in the Church of England Hall.
Monarch in partnership with Bunnings Warehouse and Taubmans joined hands to renovate this incredible facility used for the benefit of young scouts.
Monarch and Taubmans provided the quality products needed to renovate the hall today (28th May 2018) and also got their hands dirty and helped each other to paint the interior of Altona Scout Hall.
Monarch, continues to support local community projects to help build stronger future for us all.