T&Cs - Scratch Card Competition
“SCRATCH CARD” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Australian Brushware Corporation Pty Ltd (ABN 81 068 706 829) of Level 1, 20 Council Street, Hawthorn East, VIC 3123, telephone: 03 8803 3545.
- Entry is only open to Australian Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Participating Stores (as defined below) and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st
- Entries into the promotion open on 18/11/2019 and close at close of business on 08/12/2019 (“Promotional Period”). This promotion will only be conducted at Inspirations Paint stores nationally (each a “Participating Store”).
- To be eligible to enter, individuals must purchase any Monarch branded product at a Participating Store during the Promotional Period (“Qualifying Transaction”). Upon making their Qualifying Transaction, individuals will be handed a scratch card (“Scratch Card”) by a staff member, whilst stocks last. It is the responsibility of the entrants to ensure that they receive a Scratch Card at point of purchase if one is not automatically provided to them.
- Individuals must then scratch their Scratch Card to reveal whether or not they have won an instant prize. To claim an instant prize, entrants must surrender their winning Scratch Card to a member of staff at the same Participating Store in which the Qualifying Transaction was made. Upon surrendering their winning Scratch Card and redeeming their instant prize, the Scratch Card will be destroyed by the member of staff. All instant prize claims must be received by close of business on 08/12/2019.
- Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
- Entrants must retain their original purchase receipt for the Qualifying Transaction as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of an entrant’s entry and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt must clearly specify the store of purchase and that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- Instant prizes available to be won in each Participating Store is as follows:
- 5 x pen valued at $5 each
- 7 x cap valued at $10 each
- 5 x t-shirt valued at $15 each
- 30 x screen cleaners valued at $2 each
- 3 x brush packs valued at $55 each
All instant prize claims must be received by close of business on 08/12/2019. Total value of instant prizes available to be won in each Participating store is $390. Total value of all instant prizes nationally is $46,800. Total value of instant prizes in NSW is $16,770, total value of instant prizes in ACT is $780 and total value of instant prizes in SA is $2,340.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If for any reason a winner does not take / redeem a prize at/by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
- If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Any un-won or unclaimed instant prizes remaining after the Promotion Period will be awarded by the Promoter to its loyal customers in its absolute discretion.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Printing and other quality control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms and Conditions, all prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured. Instant win game materials void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way. There will be a total of 7,200 instant win game cards printed for this promotion.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/37836 SA Permit No. T19/1501